Date: 12/24/19 9:35 am
From: John Shenot <johnshenot...>
Subject: [cobirds] YB Sapsucker and Northern Shrike - Grandview Cemetery (LARIMER)
This morning I observed one of the two(?) male Yellow-bellied Sapsuckers
reported by Dave Leatherman. It was in the trees over the building at the
Mountain Avenue entrance to the cemetery. I can't say which of the two
sapsuckers it was, but it was definitely a male.

I also saw a Northern Shrike on top of a spruce very near the center of the
cemetery. This is my first observation of this species at Grandview and the
first in eBird (but probably seen there by Leatherman before he was using
eBird?).

A group of Bushtits was present, but in smaller numbers than reported by
Dave. I didn't see or hear any crossbills.

John Shenot
Fort Collins, Co