Date: 12/22/19 6:59 pm
From: Yong Kong <yklitespeed...>
Subject: [JERSEYBI] Brig birding invitation from Marc Chelemer today
I was deeply touched when Marc reached out earlier in the week to join him for a day of birding at Brig. I jumped at the chance to bird with a state champ. One must be in at least B-plus birding shape to bird with Marc. What do I mean by that ?

I met Marc at Motts Creek Inn at 7AM and we were in search of birds non-stop until 5:30PM at Brig. Bill E. also took part and I was the third best birder in the group which is considered being on the podium. After more than a half hour of baby sitting a very distant Rough-legged hawk, it finally took flight from its perch *refuge sign ?*. Final ID was made by Jizz and elimination of all possible potentially similar raptor species.

My high light of the day was finding a semipalmated sandpiper while scanning the Dunlin flock with a scope. Relatively close peep and well within the photo documentation opportunity with P900. But the flock flushed, and only peps I could refind were westerns. Huge disappointments for this shorebird freak. I am in desperate situation to document a semi *with photo* before the years end, more specifically between December 20 to 31. Will peep-god give me another opportunity ?

Personal odd observation on Bill’s Juv woody at the Acker’s trail. It does not give you the rattle call. It’s a silent woody.

Happy H’days to everyone, again.

Yong Kong
Camden County

or e-mail to <njbrcreport...>