Date: 12/21/19 12:47 pm
From: William Pelletier via Groups.Io <wrpelletier=<yahoo.com...>
Subject: Re: [southbaybirds] Some Birding At Ed Levin on 12/21/2019
Frank,
Happy holidays!
Great report. Nine raptors is a nice haul :-)
The last report of Long-eared Owl at Ed Levin on eBird is from Jan 2016. The reports range from Sandy Wool to Spring Valley.
If any of the (many) folks who saw them could report on the details of the sighting it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!Bill
On Saturday, December 21, 2019, 12:03:15 PM PST, Frank Vanslager via Groups.Io <vanslagerf=<aol.com...> wrote:

All:

On this shortest day of the year (earliest sunset was Dec 8, latest sunrise will be Jan 6) I decided to go early to just below the Sandy Wool Lake to see if I could get lucky with a Barn Owl or a Long-eared Owl.  No such luck. Perhaps someone can tell me if they've stopped roosting there.

I recorded 45 species.  I did get a lot of raptors:  Golden Eagle, Bald Eagle, Red-tailed Hawk, Red-shouldered Hawk, Northern Harrier, Cooper's Hawk, White-tailed Kite, American Kestrel, and a Merlin actively hunting from the top of a Euc.

Frank Vanslager

View/Reply Online (#20874): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/20874
-=-=-
-=-=-