Date: 12/21/19 12:03 pm
From: Chuck Imbergamo via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] Strange Owl call in Washington, CT?
Hello David -

A few years ago just after dark I heard similar sounds which varied from what sounded like barks to an almost Canada Goose-like honk/drawl. Using a bright light, I finally located the source; a Great Horned Owl. It was very strange and I don’t know the purpose for that vocalization.

Perhaps that was your bird.

Chuck Imbergamo
Madison