Date: 12/21/19 7:05 am
From: John D Babington via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Strange Owl call in Washington, CT?
This morning when I went out to put seed in my bird feeder here in Washington, CT I heard what I first thought was a dog barking and them realized it was perhaps an owl? Since it is still very icy here I did not go up our long driveway to investigate the sound, which sounded like it was coming from near our neighbors house further down the long driveway here to South Street. I do hear Barred Owls here and in the distant past Great Horned Owls.  Any thoughts on what this odd call could have been. It was fairly loud as my 95 year old Mother, who is hearing "challenged", also heard it while in the house.
David W BabingtonWashington, CT