Date: 12/20/19 5:54 pm
From: Yong Kong <yklitespeed...>
Subject: [JERSEYBI] Yong Comment and H'ppy H'days - Re: [JERSEYBI] Northwest Hunterdon CBC
First, H'ppy H'days to all JBirds subscribers !! Especially putting up
with my *endless* non-sense posts, and not sending me a notice that I have
been shut-out.

Second, five stars to David B's report with much-enjoyed birding humor. But
his comment about * Thirty five folks participated including fifteen first
timers, an infusion of new blood due mostly to Alan Mart’s monthly Spruce
Run walks* was also so cool. Yup, we need many more non-gray hair birders
for sure.

My second high-light birding of the day was tracking down Bill E. at Brig
after striking out at the Atlantic City Jetty looking for Seabirds. Always
so stoked to learn about birding by following Bill's foot steps like a lost
kid. Looks like that Juv Redhead Woody Bill initially found may stick around
in the woods near Acker's trail vicinity.

My first high light of the day was seabird watching at AC Jetty and I
sucked. I practically memorized Harvey T's Brown Booby ID notes that he
reported to his CBC and Ebird, and headed over to the A C Jetty (opposite
side of north end of Brig Island) this morning, hoping for my own seabirds.
Perhaps I got there too late, well after 11 AM, after birding the home
yard-woods first.

Several hundred scoters, way far out. Nothing else to write home about,
except the damaged Jetty has been all rehabbed. The finish work was
impressive. All storm damaged jetty have been filled with cement after those
huge boulders have been re-aligned. Nice-n-smooth walk all the way to the
end.

Yong Kong
Camden County