Date: 12/3/19 11:03 am
From: Diann Stone <dstoneak2id...>
Subject: Re: [IBLE] Ross's Gull
Yes, we would prefer raptors select those species you listed, but when food
presents itself, the birds must act. It reminds me of a situation in the
Galapagos Islands when a nest of turtles hatched during an overcast
afternoon that they must have misinterpreted as full moon lighting. As the
hatchlings emerged, the Frigate birds began to swoop down, pick up a
nestling and eat it as the bird circled around to repeat. We were not
allowed to interfere, so the entire hatch was consumed by the birds.

Diann Stone Boise