Date: 12/2/19 6:12 pm
From: <tgmiko...> <tgmiko...>
Subject: Re: [OrangeCountyBirding] Ebird report of Dusky-capped Flycatcher
As my son used to say when he was 4 years old: It was an akskident.
I was at the northeast corner of the park, hearing the Dusky capped
Flycatcher, when Tom Wurster called me and told me "You're standing in the
wrong part of the park." Suspecting that what he means is I better get to
the place he's describing if I want to see the Greater Pewee, I better run
to my car and drive over to the correct part of the park which was
1.41421356237 miles away (walking distance, as opposed to 2.000000 miles
driving distance). I closed out eBird list I was working on so that
wouldn't count mileage while I'm driving a car. I didn't realize that I had
failed to put it into eBird. When I got to the Peewee location I told a
couple of people and I was under the assumption that others would return to
the exact opposite corner of the park and hear it or see the Dusky capped
Flycatcher.
Trish, your complaint is valid.

Thomas Geza Miko
Claremont, LA County