Date: 12/2/19 5:32 pm
From: Bob Stymeist <bobstymeist...>
Subject: Re: [MASSBIRD] Bird-friendly coffee?
Massbirders

Birds and Beans is a Smithsonian Bird Friendly registered shade grown
coffee, considered by many to be the gold standard in shade grown coffees.
You can visit the Smithsonian website to learn more about these coffees (
https://nationalzoo.si.edu/migratory-birds/bird-friendly-coffee). I believe
that Birds and Beans is sold in 12 oz. packages in many Whole Foods stores
and also in some specialty shops, such as natural food stores. Scott
Weidensaul some years ago wrote a great article in Bird Observer about the
reasons that the Smithsonian Bird Friendly coffees are a great choice for
shade grown coffees. You can buy Birds and Beans online at their website in
two pound bags, a better price than the 12 oz bags (
https://birdsandbeanscoffee.com/).

Bob Stymeist

Martha Steele, Arlington

--