Date: 12/2/19 4:56 pm
From: Charity Hagen <daughterofmirkwood...> [inlandcountybirds] <inlandcountybirds-noreply...>
Subject: [inlandcountybirds] Garganey at Salton Sea-No Show
My husband Alan and I spent the better part of today looking for the Garganey at Varner Harbor at the Salton Sea SRA. We arrived at 10:00AM and spent almost 2 hours waiting. We checked again around 1:30, then again at 3:15, no Garganey. There were plenty of Blue-winged Teal around, but it was not with them. Apparently it’s playing hooky again.
Other good birds sighted include the continuing Western and Lesser Black Backed Gull, multiple Surf and Black Scoters, continuing apparently injured Pectoral Sandpiper, and a Common Tern. Someone reported a Reddish Egret shortly before noon, but we did not see it.
Charity Hagen
Lake Elsinore

Sent from my iPhone

<*> Your email settings: