Date: 12/2/19 4:24 pm
From: James Pike <jimpike444...>
Subject: [OrangeCountyBirding] palm warbler
After an unconscionable period of dawdling, I finally went to Mile Square
Park to seek a rare flycatcher. As I received secondhand information
(hearsay, no less!!!) that the Dusky-capped Flycatcher was recently present
on the Big Island, I spent some time this afternoon whistling and pishing
my way around the NE corner of the park. Alas, I must mournfully report
that I did not encounter said species, but I did find a Palm Warbler and
Yellow Warbler in the sycamore just north of the island. When I left, the
Palm was feeding in the nearby white-flowering eucalyptus, and the Yellow
flew to the island, a spot which seems to have a wintering Yellow nearly
every year. Pics of these birds and the recent adult Black-and-White
Warbler at WMP are at the link below:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/qTMFxqUcKY43iMkV7

Jim Pike
HB