Date: 12/2/19 2:59 pm
From: Aaron Gyllenhaal <aarongyllenhaal...>
Subject: Re: [SanDiegoRegionBirding] Northern Parula at Santee Lakes. 12/02
The Parula is still present where Terry described. In the ten minutes I’ve been watching it, it has basically gone in a circle around the “sprayground” working from tree to tree. Very active bird, mostly associating with a singular Orange-crowned Warbler. Great find, Terry!

On another note, the Gray Flycatcher was still present at Lindo Lake where previously reported. Other birds of interest there include Yellow and Black-throated Gray Warblers and an apparent Mallard x Mexican Duck hybrid.

Aaron Gyllenhaal
San Diego, CA
> On Dec 2, 2019, at 12:01 PM, terry hurst via Groups.Io <thurstycat61=<yahoo.com...> wrote:
>
> Hello everyone,
> Today I found what I believe to be a Northern Parula on a sycamore tree on the southeast corner of lake 2. There are 7 picnic tables at that same corner. I was able to get several good shots of this bird to study on my phone app because this is not a Warbler I am not familiar with but after looking at my app I don’t know what else this bird could be. Photos to be posted on my eBird report later today. I wanted to get the word out in case there was any one presently at Santee Lakes who would like to see this bird.
>
> Terry Hurst
> Santee

View/Reply Online (#10327): https://groups.io/g/SanDiegoRegionBirding/message/10327
-=-=-
---
Please join us at the monthly meetings of San Diego Field Ornithologists (SDFO) at 6pm on the third Tuesday of every month at [new location to be determined ~December 2019]. Guests welcome, but membership encouraged for only $25 a year.
---
-=-=-

Join us on Facebook!