Date: 12/2/19 2:38 pm
From: Jay V Huner <jay.huner1...>
Subject: [LABIRD-L] Capitol Lake/Arsenal Park - Baton Rouge, LA 12/1/19
I happened to be able to spend time at Capitol Lake/Arsenal Park yesterday around noon. I had been there about the same time two weeks earlier. Well, the American White Pelicans, Snowy Egrets, and Hooded Mergansers were the impressive birds in terms of numbers two weeks ago. Yesterday, Ring-billed Gulls, cormorants (most appeared to be Double-crested Cormorants), and Snowy Egrets. There were Hooded Mergansers but their numbers were dramatically lower than they had been in mid-November.

You never know what you'll find at the site. Had a single white Snow Goose slumming with the gulls and a distant pair of Gadwall.

Link to eBird report follows.

Jay Huner

https://ebird.org/checklist/S61914787

Join us on Facebook!