Date: 12/2/19 2:26 pm
From: Tom McNamara <tmcmac67...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Dark Rough-legged Hawk
Hi Chuck,

Nice photo capture! Supporting characters to the ones you've mentioned are
the prominent white forehead and the wrist patches (very easily seen on
light morph, of course) but still detectable and which appear as kind of
"blobs" on the end of the indented dark wing linings. good birding, Tom

On Mon, Dec 2, 2019 at 1:13 PM <cgates326...> wrote:

> I found a nice dark phase Rough-legged Hawk in Crook County today. I
> based the ID on a white tail with dark band at the end of the tail and legs
> that are fully feathered.
>
> https://ebird.org/checklist/S61934344
>

> Chuck Gates
> Prineville Bird Club
> Crooked River Wetlands Volunteer
> 541-280-4957
> Powell Butte,
> Central Oregon Oregon Birding Site Guide
> http://www.ecaudubon.org/birding-locations
> Oregon County Checklists
> http://www.ecaudubon.org/county-checklists

Join us on Facebook!