Date: 12/2/19 1:51 pm
From: Joseph Bove via Groups.Io <josephbove=<yahoo.com...>
Subject: Re: [OrangeCountyBirding] Possible Dusky-capped Flycatcher a

Dusky-capped is currently on outfield fence of Ballpark #4.
On Mon, Dec 2, 2019 at 9:31 AM, James Pike<jimpike444...> wrote: I agree that the bird isn't an Ash-throated Flycatcher (eg, rufous secondaries), but I'm not sure that a Dusky-capped (or better) would stay for long in that area near Audubon House. Plus, there is a lot of habitat worthy of roaming in all directions. In any event, it would be great to see the original photos, and the record should be submitted to the CBRC as a Dusky-capped (or better).
Jim PikeHB
On Mon, Dec 2, 2019 at 7:13 AM Jeff Bray <jbray4913...> wrote:

An eBird list was submitted by Christine Jacobs yesterday with an Ash-throated Flycatcher photographed. (https://ebird.org/checklist/S61904087)
The local reviewers feel that this bird could likely be a Dusky-capped Flycatcher, but better photos and possibly audio recordings are needed to confirm. If anyone feels like going on an adventure at the marsh today, please look for and listen out for this bird. It was reported near the Audubon house.
**please note there is also a Phainopepla that has been near that location as well, so make sure to study up on the plaintiff whistle calls of the Dusky-capped so you're not confused with the Phainopepla calls.
Cheers!

--
Jeff Bray
Irvine, CA