Date: 12/2/19 1:34 pm
From: annduey via Groups.Io <annduey=<yahoo.com...>
Subject: Re: [NEBirds] Christmas Bird Counts
My favorite CBC bird was the varied thrush at Scottsbluff.
Ann Duey
On Sunday, December 1, 2019, 05:14:16 PM EST, Robin and Lanny <snowbunting...> wrote:

Nebraska birders,

’Tis the season for Christmas Bird Counts.  Here in Nebraska we
have several counts in some great birding areas.  You can find
the schedule at https://noubirds.org/Activities/CBC.aspx.

I enjoy participating in the counts because it gives me an
opportunity to bird in hot spots and I get to do it with like-
minded friends.  I’ve learned a lot about birding by going to
CBCs.  Many of the counts that I have gone to have yielded an
unusual and exciting bird like Barrow’s Goldeneye at North
Platte, Common Redpoll at Calamus, Williamson’s Sapsucker at
North Platte, Mountain Chickadee at Scottsbluff, Bohemian
Waxwing and Snow Bunting both at Lake McConaughy.

Would you share your favorite CBC species?

Robin Harding
northern Kearney Co.
<Snowbunting...>

Nebraska Ornithologists' Union (NOU)
http://www.noubirds.org
Next birding event based in Gering, Memorial Day weekend, 2020
NOU is also on facebook and twitter