Date: 12/2/19 12:37 pm
From: liammsf <liammsf...>
Subject: [MBBIRDS] Re: Bonaparte’s Gull
I'd now estimate the number of Bonaparte's Gull in the Live Oak area to be
between 12-16, as of midday today. I've observed most of them hunting in
the surf break pretty continuously since this morning (visible from the
18th Ave bluff and nearby streets). Several also continue in the lagoon
outlet, which was breached to the ocean (I assume by county workers)
yesterday morning. Beware the intense smell as Corcoran Lagoon empties and
6 months worth of standing water gets churned up by the waves!