Date: 12/2/19 12:23 pm
From: EDWARD BOYD <edboyd1959...>
Subject: Re: [AZNMbirds] Hybrid Ruddy Duck
Looking at your images, there appears to be a structure break on the bill. In that, I mean that the bill doesn't look smooth with color giving the changes. On your images, I see a ridge line, especially on the center image, where the white meets the dark tip. That isn't consistent with Ring-necked Duck and may indicate a pure Ruddy with a bill anomaly. To me, it looks as though some layers of the mandible tip have actually been stripped away.

Ed Boyd
Westminster, MD