Date: 12/2/19 11:21 am
From: Michael Woodruff <mkd.woodruff...>
Subject: [inland-NW-birders] Rusty Blackbird near Philleo Lake
While out on my Raptor Route south of Spokane I stopped and scoped the
large starling flock that always congregates at the corner of Jennings Rd
and Philleo Lake Rd west of Spangle. I've often looked here for rare
blackbirds in the past without much success other than stragglers of summer
species. Today there was a RUSTY BLACKBIRD as well as a couple late
Brewer's Blackbirds and at least one Brown-headed Cowbird, and about 35
Red-winged Blackbirds. They all move around frequently and are difficult to
keep track of but spend some time on the ground in the pasture (other times
are difficult to scan high in the pines).

Philleo Lake is frozen.

Michael Woodruff
Spokane, WA