Date: 12/2/19 11:02 am
From: Bruni Haydl <bruni...>
Subject: Eagles
The immature Eagle was in the big field with the lone tree off Marlow
Rd.  he was kind of by himself except for a couple of Crows.  On the
nearby deer carcass were two vultures and a few more crows.  When the
Eagle flew a couple of feet off the ground several times it appeared he
had something in his talons.  I had my binoculars but could not make out
what it was.  My concern is that his feet are entangled in something.
I'd just pulled into the field on the other side of the road and
intended to try walking in and getting a bit closer when he flew up and
disappeared behind one of the swales in that field.    If anyone is out
in that area please look for him and see what you think.

Closer to home a mature Bald Eagle was sitting in a big sycamore tree in
the big field opposite Fairview Dr. and Kabletown Rd.  No mistaking that
white head even with no binoculars.

Bruni Haydl

Charles Town, WV

Join us on Facebook!