Date: 12/2/19 10:53 am
From: Nancy Guth <homesteaders...>
Subject: [Umpqua Birds] Re: Blue Jay
I hope someone will help educate me…I grew up in the East Bay in California with plenty of Scrub Jays, there are two Stella Jays raiding the suet feeders as I type (1500’ near Milo), but what is a real Blue Jay?

Thanks for taking the time to inform! I don’t participate too much here or on FB, but I do follow the conversations and love what people have to share. I have learned a lot about local birds from all of you.

Nancy Guth

> On Dec 2, 2019, at 10:40 AM, Matthew G Hunter <matthewghunter...> wrote:
>
> Yes, a real Blue Jay, ... is coming to a feeder out Lookingglass Road area from Roseburg. The homeowner contacted me and I saw the bird this morning. They don't want mobs wandering the area, but if you'd like to go see the bird, email me and I'll pass on the contact information for the homeowner and you can make an appointment to go visit.
>
> Too bad it's a little outside the CBC circle. :-)
>
> Matt Hunter

To send a message to the list: address email to <umpquabirds...>
Account management and archives: www.umpquabirds.org/emaillist.htm
Info on birds in Douglas County: www.umpquabirds.org

Join us on Facebook!