Date: 12/2/19 10:18 am
From: bike4birds <tmccabe9...>
Subject: [IBLE] Lost message
I sent the following message last night, but apparently events overtook me
and we are now on a NEW IBLE. Anyway, here's my message from yesterday:

While I have adopted the self-preservation attitude that I should not bike
on icy surfaces, I was lured out of the house this morning by the fact that
nothing was falling out of the sky. My reward was 39 species in less than 9
miles, including a Bald Eagle at Esther Simplot, a Great Horned Owl at
Veterans, several C. Ravens, and then a "cloud" of C. Waxwings, A. Robins,
L. Goldfinches, Pine Siskins, DE Juncos, and a lone Downy near Silver Lake.
But it was right about that point that something did start to fall out of
the sky, and it was snowing heavily by the time I got home.

The nice thing was that the Bald Eagle hung around Esther Simplot long
enough that going both directions I was able to share it with a bunch of
people, all of whom had the appropriate "Wow!" response. That always makes
me feel good.

BTW, a few DC Cormorants continue, despite the weather. And a bunch of ducks
have returned to hang out in the winter wonderland that is the greenbelt.

Tom McCabe, Boise