Date: 12/2/19 10:09 am
From: Veer Frost <0000038039fb4cf6-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] White-crowned Sparrow NEK
Thank you, Ian. I seem to see bodies of water in your data below! Did
wonder if he was caught by this (NEK) early hard winter, and will go
south along Passumpsic, CT valleys when possible. (though so. VT even
harder just now!)Veer

On 12/2/2019 at 11:20 AM, "Ian Worley" wrote:Hi Veer,

To answer your question, as far as I see on the eBird maps, the only
NEK
records for White-crowned Sparrows later than October are-----

Caledonia County: There are no previous dates in November or
December.

Essex County: The only dates in November and December are November
2nd
and 3rd last year at Island Pond (a group of 7 birds).

Orleans County: The only dates in November and December are
Westmore Dec. 25, 2012
Lake Willoughby Dec. 5,6, 2018
Craftsbury Nov. 29, 2014
Newport Nov. 2, 3, 2018

So, we don't know if it should be here, but is certainly is in rare
company.

Nice find!

Ian
-----------------------------------
On 12/2/2019 9:42 AM, Veer Frost wrote:
> Scratching under feeders, on its own, really crisp looking male, not
> bothered by chipmunk apparently. Lovely bird, not sure if it should
be
> here right now.
> Veer Frost Passumpsic
> _ _
>
> _The biologist EO Wilson has warned that, as the extinction rate
> climbs, humans are entering “The Eremocene” – the Age of
> Loneliness._ --Robert Macfarlane_ _
>
> ___ _
>
> Sent using Hushmail

Join us on Facebook!