Date: 12/2/19 10:01 am
From: Eitan Altman <eitanaltman...>
Subject: [SanDiegoRegionBirding] Inland miscellanea
Nothing crazy, but a few birds of note over the past few days:

- Terry Hurst already reported it continuing today, but I had the AMERICAN
REDSTART yesterday (Dec 1) at about 9am on the east side of the playground
between Lakes 3/4 at Santee Lakes

- I also had a female HOODED MERGANSER on Lake 1 at Santee Lakes a few days
ago

- I've checked Lake Murray several times the past few days as the storm
passed through. A single first-winter BONAPARTE'S GULL was present both on
Friday afternoon and Saturday morning. I also had a WILSON'S SNIPE feeding
along the shore in the "San Carlos Arm" extending NE from the parking
area. There's also an adult HERRING GULL which has been consistently
present, potentially the same bird which hung out on Lake Murray last
winter.

- Of potential interest to photographers, there is a nearly pure white
Western/Clark's Grebe which has been hanging out by the dam. I've only had
distant scope views of the bird, but I cannot detect any dark coloration at
all, it's really quite stunning. If someone wanted to rent a boat and
cruise out near the dam, would be interesting to see some close-up photos!

Eitan Altman
San Carlos

View/Reply Online (#10323): https://groups.io/g/SanDiegoRegionBirding/message/10323
-=-=-
---<br />Please join us at the monthly meetings of San Diego Field Ornithologists (SDFO) at 6pm on the third Tuesday of every month at [new location to be determined ~December 2019]. Guests welcome, but membership encouraged for only $25 a year. <br />---
-=-=-

Join us on Facebook!