Date: 12/2/19 9:35 am
From: A Kinslow <kinslow.a.t...>
Subject: Re: Annas- continuing - monday
Just a friendly reminder that the Anna’s new host is not a birder nor are
his neighbors. It is a tiny street so please be sensitive to the hosts. He
just emailed me that there are 5 cars parked on the small street currently
and one was blocking his driveway at sunrise this morning. We may want to
coordinate visits and please be sensitive to posting his exact address on
eBird. I sent in a request to eBird to create a generalized hotspot for
this bird similar to what they did in the past when an Anna’s hummingbird
was visiting an Ozark residence. It is also likely that the bird may hop
over to Jean’s house or possibly even ours a few blocks north. Those of us
who chase the bird should be sensitive for the host’s privacy, driveway
access, and goodwill toward his neighbors as well please. I am going to
drop by a spare feeder and some sugar this afternoon as a good will gesture
on behalf of the birding community.

Andrew Kinslow, Ph.D
Science Department
Rock Bridge High School
Columbia, Missouri

On Mon, Dec 2, 2019 at 11:16 AM Jean L <jaleonatti...> wrote:

> The hummer continues at his new address. Don't know how early he made his
> first appearance, but I saw him sunning himself in a tree across the
> street; he then came down to the feeder, and continues to be distracted by
> his reflection in nearby windows despite the fact there are outside screens
> up. At least 5 people watching when I left.
>
> Jean Leonatti
> Columbia, mo

> <mobirds-l-request...>

> MBS Spring Meeting: May 1-3, 2020 in Cape Girardeau, MO Details and
> Online Registration <http://www.mobirds.org/ASM/Meetings.aspx>

ABA Birding Code of Ethics
http://www.aba.org/about/ethics.html
MBS Spring Meeting: May 1-3, 2020 in Cape Girardeau, MO