Date: 12/2/19 8:20 am
From: Ian Worley <iworley...>
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] White-crowned Sparrow NEK
Hi Veer,

To answer your question, as far as I see on the eBird maps, the only NEK
records for White-crowned Sparrows later than October are-----

Caledonia County:  There are no previous dates in November or December.

Essex County:  The only dates in November and December are November 2nd
and 3rd last year at Island Pond (a group of 7 birds).

Orleans County:  The only dates in November and December are
    Westmore Dec. 25, 2012
    Lake Willoughby Dec. 5,6, 2018
    Craftsbury Nov. 29, 2014
    Newport Nov. 2, 3, 2018

So, we don't know if it should be here, but is certainly is in rare company.

Nice find!

Ian
-----------------------------------

On 12/2/2019 9:42 AM, Veer Frost wrote:
> Scratching under feeders, on its own, really crisp looking male, not
> bothered by chipmunk apparently. Lovely bird, not sure if it should be
> here right now.
> Veer Frost Passumpsic
> _ _
>
> _The biologist EO Wilson has warned that, as the extinction rate
> climbs, humans are entering “The Eremocene” – the Age of
> Loneliness._ --Robert Macfarlane_ _
>
> ___ _
>
> Sent using Hushmail

Join us on Facebook!