Date: 12/2/19 8:12 am
From: Ted Drozdowski <muddykayak...>
Subject: [texbirds] White-breasted Nuthatch - Ellis (local interest)
Hello,
There is currently a White-breasted Nuthatch hanging around in
Getzendaner Memorial Park in downtown Waxahachie, in Ellis County. Susan
Kosoris found it on Nov 29, and I was finally able to relocate it today
after missing it on Saturday. There are about a dozen ebird records for
WBNU in Ellis County and almost all of them have been in the last two
years. This is a good opportunity for any Ellis County listers out there
to put this bird on their Ellis County list. Most of the other sightings
have been on private property. The bird has been seen in the tall trees
near the playground that has no green canopy above it. Parking near the
footbridge is a good place to start. Also today at the same location I
had a "Red-shafted" Flicker.

In checking ebird records, a WBNU was found in this location in May
and September of this year, and also two years ago to the day by Brandon
Best.
The sightings this came in under my radar because it doesn't trigger a
rare bird alert in ebird and it wasn't on my needs list for the county. All
Ellis County ebird records are of only one bird.
Good birding.

Ted Drozdowski
Waxahachie, Ellis County

Join us on Facebook!