Date: 12/2/19 7:45 am
From: Lars Norgren <larspernorgren...>
Subject: [obol] Fernhill "Western" sandpiper
I 'm sorry l don't know how to cut and paste. There are pictures in
the checklist. They look like Dunlin to me. Dear birders far and wide, bear
in mind the default Sandpiper in the Willamette basin from Nov 1 to April 1
is Dunlin, of which there are thousands. Least Sandpiper is no 2. Then
there are Long-billed Dowitchers and Greater Yellowlegs, both of which are
often missed on coastal CBCs despite a host of champions pursuing them.
Western Sandpipers winter in Peru, whether darkest or brightest l cannot
confirm. Better ask Paddington Bear.lpn

Join us on Facebook!