Date: 12/2/19 7:42 am
From: Jason A Wilder <Jason.Wilder...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] NAZ: Juvenile Swans at Tuba City
Hi all,
There has been a pair of juvenile swans reported for about a week near Tuba City, and I got a look at them yesterday - we don't get to see many swans in Northern AZ, and I've learned that identification of juvenile Tundra versus Trumpeter is not easy! The birds gave good views, though they were very wary of being approached, and generally kept to themselves. They made a couple Canada Geese nearby look quite small, but never associated closely enough to be photographed together. Also, they were silent.
I've uploaded a photo album here: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmJKDdMh
Comments and speculation welcome.

Jason
Flagstaff, AZ