Date: 12/2/19 7:14 am
From: Marv Breece <marvbreece...>
Subject: [Tweeters] no Whatcom gyr Sunday
Yesterday, Kim McCormick and I tried to get a look at the Gyralcon that Russ Koppendrayer found south of Lynden in Whatcom County. We didn't find it. Kim did spot a fast, low-flying MERLIN, about where Russ had reported the gyr, so all was not for naught.

Nearby on Bylsma Rd, there were 2 immature dark HARLAN'S HAWKS. Also a SHORT-EARED OWL and a few WESTERN MEADOWLARKS. We heard a bird that sounded very much like a Lapland Longspur, but I cannot be certain.

We arrived at Hayton Reserve on Fir Island in Skagit County just before dark. No gyr there either. We saw the ever present controversial juvenile PEREGRINE FALCON and a light morph HARLAN'S HAWK, likely the same bird I took video of and put on Flickr on 10.31.19.

Harlan's are cool! And they're here.

Marv Breece
Tukwila, WA
<marvbreece...>

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet."
- Thomas Jefferson