Date: 12/2/19 6:13 am
From: timothy.barksdale <timothy.barksdale...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Re: (not a sighting) Nothern Saw-whet Owl habitat
Agree with Fawn, The smaller denser trees seem to attract the majority of
birds i've seen over the years. That being said, Saw-whets do use different
strategies. at the Amana colonies there used to be 2-3 birds for several
winters and they were in fairly mature trees, Don Pogenssee finds his birds
in rather mature but dense trees also. I do believe that if the trees are
too mature or thin, they will not hold SWOW for long.

Tim Barksdale
Choteau MT & Mokane MO