Date: 12/2/19 2:32 am
From: James Sherwonit <000001b116d2c19d-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] Help with Sparrow ID
I agree that the sparrow in question is a Song Sparrow. Streaked breast, large gray bill, reddish primaries and tail.Jim Sherwonit

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Sunday, December 1, 2019, 11:55 PM, Richard Guthrie <richardpguthrie...> wrote:

Not seeing any other responses here, I’ll chime in with my thoughts after viewing the photos on my iPhone screen: Song Sparrow.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Dec 1, 2019, at 9:45 PM, Ralph Palmer <palmer.r.violin...> wrote:
>
> Greetings -
>
> I had a sparrow near my feeders today, and I'm having some trouble
> identifying it. I took a look using binoculars, but couldn't see much, so I
> took some photos. The list will not accept .jpg files, so here's a link to
> a folder on my Google Drive account with three of the photos:
> <https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ShwTQKkGduMKPjKNn-Ol8PYCp0LoVm5G>
>
> The bird was not very cooperative - it just wouldn't stand up straight and
> face me and give me a nice profile. Oh, well. I would appreciate it if
> someone could give me a fairly definite ID, including what features seemed
> conclusive. I narrowed it down to two possibilities, but I can't make up my
> mind.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help,
>
> Ralph
>
> --