Date: 12/2/19 12:22 am
From: Mark Holmgren <maholmgren33...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] The Future of the Santa Barbara Breeding Bird Study
*Google* will shut down its *Fusion Tables* in 2 days. This marks the loss
of the nifty display and filter tool that we’ve enjoyed since 2016. Grab
what you need from it now. Go to https://goo.gl/AJQxKj

*What will replace Google Fusion Table for the Breeding Bird Study
data?* Nothing
right now. We’ve looked at 4 other programs that display breeding records
geographically, but as yet none fit our criteria—easy to use and easy to
manage.

*What happens to the BBS?* We will wait till another tool comes along that
is as user-friendly as GFT. Meanwhile, in 2020 *we will continue to gather
and accept records, including photo support of breeding evidence, to the
database*. The online data entry form at the Audubon website will continue
to serve as the primary means of submitting new breeding records. We
encourage one more year of intense data gathering. Our goal is still to
make these data publicly available and to advocate for the use of this
database because of its unique relevance to Santa Barbara County.

Adrian and I welcome questions and specific requests for information from
you and from other users of the BBS data.

Mark Holmgren and Adrian O'Loghlen

The BBS is a project supported by UCSB's Cheadle Center for Biodiversity
and Ecological Restoration and

The Santa Barbara Audubon Society

View/Reply Online (#29714): https://sbcobirding.groups.io/g/main/message/29714
-=-=-