Date: 12/1/19 5:44 pm
From: Don Roberson <creagrus...>
Subject: [MBBIRDS] Top 10 and Top 25 birds in Monterey Co.
About this time last year, Rita Carratello, Michael Rieser, and I put together an illustrated and annotated "top 10" list of birds seen in the wild in Monterey County. We now think that the two new county birds discovered in 2019 by Rick Fournier warrant a place on the Top 10 list because of their rarity. So we've revised the MTY Top 10, and then expanded the project to the Top 25 birds for the County. This seemed like a good way to spend a rainy weekend.

The revised Top 10 / Top 25 is now available for your entertainment at
http://creagrus.home.montereybay.com/MTYtop10.html

Incidentally, the total Monterey County list is now at 499 species. What will be #500? Will it crack the Top 10 as did this year's new species?

Thanks,

Don Roberson
MTY bird records compiler