Date: 12/1/19 1:26 pm
From: Hendrik Herlyn <hhactitis...>
Subject: [obol] Coffin Butte Landfill - no Great Black-backed Gull
Hi all,

Craig Tumer and I spent well over an hour scoping a flock of about 800
gulls at the Coffin Butte landfill north of Corvallis this morning (from
about 10:45 to noon). A lot of variety, but we didn't see any dark-backed
gulls at all and were unable to relocate the possible Great Black-backed
Gull reported from there yesterday.

The majority of the flock consisted of Glaucous-winged Gulls and Western x
Glaucous-wing ("Olympic") hybrids,. There was a good number of Herring
Gulls mixed in, with a few "Thayer's" Iceland Gulls, some Ring-billed and
California Gulls and at least one 1st-winter Western Gull.

Happy gulling!

Hendrik

--
Hendrik G. Herlyn