Date: 12/1/19 12:17 pm
From: <clearwater...>
Subject: [obol] Trumpeter Swans near Airlie, gull flock starting to gather at landfill
As of 11:30 am today, seven swans were on the partly frozen Kester Pond along
De Armond Rd., east of Airlie in s. Polk County. Six of them were TRUMPETER
SWANS; the other one looked like a TUNDRA.

The landfill seemed to be devoid of gulls when I drove past on Hwy 99W at mid-
morning, buts I came back past the Coffin Butte landfill around 11:45, about
80 gulls were circling over the landfill, with more streaming in from the
southeast. The landfill is closed on Sundays so there may not be as much on
the menu for them today.

From the eBird rare bird report it looks like Pam Otley and Mark Baldwin were
out at the landfill late yesterday afternoon, and found about 200 gulls
still around, including a couple of apparent immature WESTERN GULLS.

--
Joel Geier
Camp Adair area north of Corvallis

POST: Send your post to <obol...>