Date: 12/1/19 7:52 am
From: Ryan Winkleman <rswinkleman...>
Subject: [OrangeCountyBirding] Fall 2019 North American Birds
Birders, photographers, or whatever,

The official Fall 2019 reporting period for *North American Birds* has
ended and over the next few weeks I'll be wrapping up my draft of Orange
County's quarterly report. I primarily use eBird, this listserv, and our
own weekly rare bird alerts to do so. If you have additional information
about a rare bird (start or stop dates, location, etc.) that has not been
previously publicized, please let me know. Additionally, if you noticed any
odd trends in bird status and distribution this fall or building over time,
please let me know. For instance, there seems to be an odd dearth of Cedar
Waxwings and White-crowned Sparrows in the places I've been birding lately
here in interior South County. I don't know where the birds are 🤷‍♂️.
Population-level stuff like that is worth mentioning in these reports.

I generally extend out my period of records for 15 days into the following
month so as to account for any late birds or notable trends to follow, so I
will continue accepting fall reports through December 15. My official dates
for the report will be from August 16-December 15. Please send me any
notable reports per the above within the next couple weeks, if you have
anything additional to add.

Thanks for your help, I couldn't write these reports without the
contributions of the people who find birds here in Orange County.