Date: 12/1/19 6:53 am
From: 'Kurt Schwarz' via Maryland & DC Birding <mdbirding...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Rufous Hummingbird in Howard County, Viewing Opportunity
A hatch-year male Rufous Hummingbird has been visiting a feeder in Ellicott City since early November.  Bruce Peterjohn banded it on November 11 and confirmed the ID. A second female Selasphorus hummingbird was also present the first week of November, but appears to have moved on and had not been identified. Circumstances have not permitted us to open up this sighting until now.

The feeder is in a townhouse community, which will not permit large crowds.  But if you would like to see a Rufous Hummingbird, contact me.  Details will be shared with the requester under the condition that they will not be further disseminated.  If you have friends who cannot join you, do not share, have them contact me. Addresses and other locational information on this bird are to be distributed only through me.

If you make a request, please also indicate date and time you hope to visit, so that I can manage such that there is not a large group all at once.

Please be quiet and respectful to the neighbors, who have all been very nice, and some even show curiosity.

DO NOT POST TO eBIRD, FLICKR, FACEBOOK, or any other social media.  Once the bird moves on, I will advise and then you can post all over the place.

I will make a good faith effort to respond to requests in a timely manner, but be aware that I will not be sitting at my desktop 24/7.

Kurt SchwarzHoward County Bird ClubConservation <Chairkrschwa1...>

<kurtschwarz4...>

443-538-2370