Date: 11/30/19 1:46 pm
From: Diana Doyle <diana...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] SE AZ: Parker Canyon Lake, Cochise Co
I decided to check Parker Canyon Lake post-storm, since I hadn't seen any other reports since the last round of rain and high winds.

I had one adult BONAPARTE’S GULL, resting on the water, to add to all the recent sightings of this species in the area from the past couple of days.

And also two gorgeous adult BALD EAGLES flying over, one OSPREY hanging around the lake, and then the usual ducks, mergansers, and grebes.

The Common Loon that has been hanging around for almost a month was a no-show today, despite checking the south end twice and walking around to where I had visibility to the north end which is hidden from the marina.

The complete eBird checklist is at https://ebird.org/checklist/S61873664 <https://ebird.org/checklist/S61873664>

And FYI, the roads driving in were fine. The trail around the southern half of the lake was fine; but the creeks at the northern forks were flooded and not really crossable on foot without getting wet.

Diana Doyle
Hereford, AZ