Date: 11/30/19 11:40 am
From: John Liller <john.liller...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Worcester Ponds - 11/30/19
My wife, Kim Kastler, and I did our 1st Annual Thanksgiving Week Worcester
Pond Survey this morning. Here is what we recorded:

LEESVILLE POND
American Black Duck (2)
Mallard (175)
Hooded Merganser (30)
Great Blue Heron (1)
Belted Kingfisher (1)

NOTRE DAME CEMETERY (very little activity)
Mallard (6)
Great Blue Heron (1)

CURTIS POND
Hooded Merganser (10)
Ring-billed Gull (1)

COES RESERVOIR
Mute Swan (1)
Mallard (6)
Hooded Merganser (2)
Common Merganser (28)
Double-crested Cormorant (1)
Ring-billed Gull (4)
Bald Eagle (1 - 3rd year?)
Red-tailed Hawk (1)

SALISBURY POND
Mute Swan (2)
American Black Duck (5)
Mallard (8)
Hooded Merganser (65)
Common Merganser (4)

INDIAN LAKE (lighting was difficult)
Canada goose (81)
Mute Swan (9)
Mallard (10)
Hooded Merganser (2)
Common Merganser (87+)
Ring-billed Gull (240+)
Bald Eagle (1 - adult)

LAKE QUINSIGAMOND
Canada Goose (61)
Common Goldeneye (20 - well south of Lake Park; lighting made
identification difficult)
Common Merganser (1)
Common Loon (1)
Ring-billed Gull (2)

FLINT POND (only from the boat ramp; did not have time to check on Creeper
Hill Rd)
Mallard (18)
Hooded Merganser (12)
Common Merganser (19)
Ring-billed Gull (4)
Mark Lynch and Sheila Carroll (2 - we had a nice visit)

--
John Liller

WORCESTER ACADEMY is a co-ed day and boarding school for grades 6 to 12 and
postgraduates. Our urban setting, diverse community, and challenging
curriculum provide students with a solid, real-world education. Information
at www.worcesteracademy.org.

Join us on Facebook!