Date: 11/30/19 9:33 am
From: Clifford Cathers <azbirding...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] AZ:11/29/19:Lakeside Park Tucson
[Not sure why this didn't send yesterday, but here it is anyway]

On the way to a bit of shopping during the intense rain, I stopped by Lakeside Park for a moment mid-morning.  It was pouring down rain, the wind was blowing pretty steadfast, and there was an occasional snow flake mixed in.  My car thermometer said 39 F.

There was a BONAPARTE'S GULL [as reported by John Higgins], VERMILION FLYCATCHERs, GREAT-BLUE HERON, GREAT EGRET, BLACK-CROWNED NIGHT-HERON, a vocal BLACK-TAILED GNATCATCHER (near the parking lot) and a bedraggled and thoroughly soaked duo of COOPER'S HAWK and SHARP-SHINNED HAWK on the telephone line along the south shore.

Clifford A. Cathers

Vail, AZ