Date: 11/30/19 9:28 am
From: Clifford Cathers <azbirding...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] AZ:11/30/19:North and West Tucson
After an early morning car appointment in far northwest Tucson, I decided to check a few spots on my way back to Vail.

Along the short dirt road that is the entrance to Bach's Cactus Farm on Thornydale, there were a total of 9 HARRIS'S HAWKs together, including two juveniles.

At and near the lake at Arthur Pack Park, there was a group of 12 TREE SWALLOWs, a bunch of WHITE-CROWNED SPARROWs, a few vocal BLACK-TAILED GNATCATCHERs and a VERMILION FLYCATCHER or two.

At Christopher Columbus Park, there were 2 GREATER SCAUP, 1 WESTERN GREBE, 1 GREAT EGRET, 1 GREAT-BLUE HERON and 1 BLACK-CROWNED NIGHT-HERON.  VERMILION FLYCATCHERs were around and large numbers of LARK SPARROWs were around the south end boat ramp.

At Kennedy Lake off of Ajo Way, there were a good number (44) of sharp looking REDHEADs among the normal puddle ducks.  VERMILION FLYCATCHERs were here as well, a few YELLOW-HEADED BLACKBIRDs mixed in, and again vocal BLACK-TAILED GNATCATCHERs.

Clifford A. Cathers

Vail, AZ