Date: 11/29/19 7:05 pm
From: <clearwater...>
Subject: [obol] Antone CBC on Monday, December 16th
If you're fed up with geese, ducks, gulls, mild weather and tame conditions on the west side of the Cascades, then this is the count for you!

The Antone Christmas Bird Count features cool birds like Mountain Quail, Canyon Wren, American Dipper, Northern Shrike, and the occasional flock of Common Redpolls. If you like Townsend's Solitaires, we sometimes get them by the hundreds! Golden Eagles, Prairie Falcons and Northern Goshawk are also expected.

Our packet for volunteers this years includes a "backcountry hiking hazard assessment." Honestly, we don't expect for poisonous snakes or sunstroke to be an issue at this time of year, but the other precautions all seem valid.

If this didn't scare you off then please contact me to volunteer. Once again, we're looking forward to meeting in the kitchen of the historic Cant Ranch house along the wild and scenic John Day River, before and after the count.

Please contact me for details if you're interested.

--
Joel Geier
Compiler, Antone CBC

Join us on Facebook!