Date: 11/29/19 3:35 pm
From: LARRY ARNOLD <larnold47...> [ible] <ible-noreply...>
Subject: Re: [IBLE] life beyond suet... ??

thx Bill, for others with Macs........

Peanut Butter Stuff (PBS)

Melt together 1/2 cup lard and 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter (microwave), then add stuff in approximate amounts:

lately I've been starting with a commercial suet cake and adding chunky PB (magic stuff)

1 cup corn meal

1 cup oatmeal (I use 5-seed "bulk" from WinCo)

1/2 cup flour (whatever’s on hand, prefer whole grain or whole wheat)

1/4 cup sugar

1/2 cup chopped nuts, e.g., almonds, walnuts, pnuts, sunseed, again whatever’s on hand

Combine melted and dry ingredients and mix well, might take a bit more microwaving.

Can be made into suet cakes (for wire cages) or stuffed into holes in a suet log (good for defeating starlings, but magpies aren’t fooled very long, haha)

credit - original author was a master hummingbird bander in Alabama, 20+ yrs ago........