Date: 11/27/19 9:13 pm
From: <birdmarymoor...>
Subject: [Tweeters] Marymoor Park (Redmond, King Co.) 2019-11-27
Tweets - We had a gorgeous, sunny morning at the park today. It wasn't nearly as cold as we feared - basically no frost overnight, and it warmed quickly in the sun. Very little wind.

The birds were quite patchy, but we had a seriously unusual number of little birds up close for fabulous looks.

Highlights:
a.. Cackling Goose - huge flock arrived at 7:30 that I now estimate at 2000 birds
b.. Trumpeter Swan - one lone honk cued us in on a flock of 13 flying overhead
c.. Green Heron - adult again on beaver lodge across from Dog Central
d.. Northern Shrike – juvenile north of Fields 7-8-9 again
e.. Merlin – one west of the slough, high in a tree
f.. Golden-crowned Kinglet – extraordinary number of incredibly close views
g.. Western Meadowlark – one distant sighting, north end of the Dog Meadow
Misses today included Ring-necked Duck, Mew Gull (probable, but none close enough to see well or hear), American Goldfinch, and Lincoln’s Sparrow.

For the day, 53 species.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

= Michael Hobbs
= www.marymoor,org/birding.htm