Date: 11/26/19 6:16 pm
From: Lars Norgren <larspernorgren...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Lane Co Costa's vs Anna's?
Unusual context, but the back shot makes the wings look way long. The
dull/cool gray auricular patch fully outlined in white. I want to call it a
Costa's. I saw a similar bird at 13th and Fall in Newport on Nov 11. Bet
it's still there. Someone put a feeder up in the vacant lot. There are
seemingly 1000s of Anna"s Hummingbirds on the Oregon coast in winter.
Sifting through them reminds me of looking for cowbird in a winter
blackbird flock.

On Tue, Nov 26, 2019, 4:55 PM Nancy Clogston <dmarc-noreply...>
wrote:

> I posted this bird as an Anna's because, of course, that is what we have
> in Eugene even though its gorget looks purple in the pictures. John
> Sullivan encouraged me to get some other opinions so please weigh in. The
> bird is wet as it is bathing in the bubbler so I don't know how that
> changes our perception of the color.
> Here's the link to my eBird report of Sunday, Nov 24, 2019.
>
> https://ebird.org/checklist/S61725572
>
> Nancy Clogston

Join us on Facebook!