Date: 11/26/19 3:36 am
From: LARRY ARNOLD <larnold47...> [ible] <ible-noreply...>
Subject: [IBLE] Fwd: Brian's notes on Gos and IBLE....

Thx Brian =)

From: "lcarrigan_55" <lcarrigan_55...>
To: "Larry Arnold" <larnold47...>
Sent: Monday, November 25, 2019 10:23:37 PM
Subject: Re: IBLE

No problem, Larry. Copy to IBLE & Chuck.

Yeah, Yahoo Groups is becoming unreliable & slow. Maybe Yahoo's way of phasing out Groups by making them functionally unusable.

On Monday, November 25, 2019, 09:50:02 PM MST, LARRY ARNOLD <larnold47...> wrote:

you're welcome !!
fascinating observations from you herein.... want me to try forwarding to IBLE to see if mine goes thru? folks will have interest........

I know Trost will have interest (as author of the BNA species account of BB magpie), and I can add another observation I had re: magpie as prey......
maybe 15 yrs ago, I saw a Cooper's Hawk fly right past me with a magpie in its clutches
hmmm, but now with your note I wonder how certain I was about my ID, Coop vs. Gos ??? and there's a bit more to this story...

at SABO in SEAZ (Sheri Williamson's place) we saw a Coop try to lift off the ground with a roadrunner that was in its grasp, didn't succeed so left the roadrunner behind but with half of it's face torn off (and presumably consumed)
soon thereafter in CO I saw a Coop carrying a magpie, nearby, as in right past me !!
extrapolating, but without taking note of the gender of either Coop (which would also be of interest, and of importance), the lift or"carrying capacity" of Coop was somewhere between 13 oz (roadrunner) and 6 oz (magpie).... using Sibley's generic notations on weights

copying Trost, but copying IBLE will be your call =)

BTW, Solitaires are scarce in our immediate area of west Boise......

Larry