Date: 11/25/19 10:40 am
From: wagtail1997 <orcorba...>
Subject: [OrangeCountyBirding] Northern Parula Still Here 11/25/2019
Hi Group,

The Northern Parula was seen again this morning by the clubhouse of the Monarch Beach Resort Golf Course. It was in eucs by the practice driving range cages. This is on the edge of the parking lot. “Monarch Beach” is actually in Dana Point. The Parula spent the time I watched it in the shady parts of eucs.

The clubhouse has a public parking lot. In the past they make it look like it’s only for golfers, forcing you to ask for valet service. But you could with some sharp turning drive into the lot. I’ve complained and probably others as well about that temporary sign they had up, and now the entry sign (on a temporary post) says “Public Welcome” but then they try to get you to use valet service but do note that the back of the small lot has “limited self-parking”. You have to make a sharp turn around the temporary barriers to enter the lot yourself and go to the back.

Joel Weintraub
Dana Point, CA