Date: 11/25/19 9:23 am
From: Robert Ross <plumisl...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Pacific-slope Flycatcher in Hadley
The Pacific-slope Flycatcher was still found in Hadley on Saturday,
November 23. It was very easy to find. The bird was working a loop along a
car-width wide trail, just off a small parking lot at the location where it
has been seen for over a month. It is a wide-open location and the right of
the trail from the lot boarders a harvested corn field with a very narrow
brush line. The bird was found within a minute of leaving the parking lot
at 11 AM. Over the next 45 minutes, the bird appeared twice after making a
loop, flying from the first large oak tree on the right of the trail, down
through the brush on the right side, across the trail, then up through the
brush on the left side of the trail, back to across the trail to the base
of the tree. The bird never rose above 4-5 feet from the ground. For
directions, click on my eBird checklist, S61680917. Best times will likely
be from 10-12 and from 2-4, based on other sightings and my own. The site
is about five minutes due west of the UMass football stadium.

Sincerely,

Robert Ross
<plumisl...>
Newbury, MA