Date: 11/23/19 2:41 pm
From: Barbara Volkle <barb620...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Franklin's Gull Milton YES at 12:00. Barnacle Goose Milton Yes at,12:45
Thanks to Paul Peterson for this report.

Barbara Volkle
Northborough, MA
<barb620...>
*

Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2019 21:21:00 +0000 (UTC)
From: Paul Peterson <petersonpaul63...>
Subject: Franklin's Gull Milton YES at 12:00. Barnacle Goose Milton Yes at
12:45

I took the #215 bus from Ashmont Station to the golfcourse. I saw the Franklin's Gull PULL UP A WORM AND EAT IT! I also watched it as it bathed in the pond on Granite Ave. near Hope Ave. Its movements reminded me of those of a Killdeer. It had initially been on the far side of the pond, obstructed from view by the tall phragmites grass. Golfers scared it over towards Granite Ave. where Carl and I got killer looks. Sadly, i believe the bird flew off for good shortly after I left.

BARNACLE GOOSE 1               Turner's Pond in Milton with twenty-six Canada Geese
Red-SHOULDERED HAWK 1    ditto; flyover
Red-tailed Hawk 4                      two at each place (Turner's Pond and Presidents Golfcourse)
Killdeer 1                                    golfcourse
FRANKLIN'S GULL 1                 See Above; I owe you big time! Lifer!

Paul Peterson
<petersonpaul63...>
Boston

Join us on Facebook!